Digital Signage Federation adds standards group; chairs for other committees
July 1, 2010 by Dave Haynes
Well, I thought the tomato fight between the Digital Screenmedia Association and the fledgling Digital Signage Federation might be sorted by now, but both are still moving along parallel, separate tracks as far as I can tell. maybe it won’t get sorted???
The DSF has created a new standards committee and got Ken Goldberg, the CEO of Real Digital Media, to act as its chairman. His group is assigned with the contentious task of getting agreement from various vendors and operators on things like measurement, integration and messaging, reporting, semantics and privacy. I’d rather go to a Miley Cyrus concert <picture me shuddering uncontrollably> than sit on that committee, so kudos to Ken and the others who are willing to go through that battle of vested interests.
The other committees and chairs are:
- Advocacy/Outreach: Jack Sullivan, Senior Vice President, Out-of-Home Media Director, StarCom Worldwide
- Budget/Finance: Bob Stowe, Director, Marketing Services, Wendy’s International
- Education: Alan Brawn, Principal, Brawn Consulting
- Legislative/ Government Affairs: Carre Dawson, Director, Business Development, Digital Signage, Harris Corporation
- Membership: Jennifer Bolt, Executive Director, Media Services & Innovation, Tracy Locke Advertising
Have fun kids. I’m staying on the sidelines until the tomato fight is over.
Leave a comment