DSE One Sets NYC Agenda
July 11, 2014 by Dave Haynes
The agenda details are available now for the DSE ONE conference Oct. 21 in New York.
It’s a new full-day education and networking event “designed specifically for middle and upper management decision-makers whose organizations are interested in exploring new ways to communicate more effectively with their customers and employees through existing or planned digital signage, interactive technology and mobile solutions.”
DSE ONE will feature a keynote, peer networking, panel presentation, collaborative discussions and a representative cross-section of key industry vendors prepared to demonstrate and discuss the benefits of various cutting-edge communications technology solutions.
Attendance is open only to Ad Agencies/Brand, Designers, Marketers, Architects, End Users, DOOH Network Operators, Store Planners and Systems Integrators/Installers.
So if I am interpreting that correctly, that in theory means no software or display/hardware vendors (or those damned consultants!) trolling the coffee breaks, unless they are event sponsors.
The companies that have laid down money are Founding Partners Peerless and Scala, and sponsors AppSpace, Chief, LG-MRI, MediaPlace, Nanolumens, Real Digital Media, Screenfeed and Stratacache
There is a start-off keynote on Creating Customer Connections in a Digitally Driven World, by David Kepron, Owner/Principal of Retail (r)Evolution. He did the well-received (I hear) keynote at DSE this year.
There’s an hour of show and tell exhibits in the AM, then at 11, Breakout Discussion Groups:
- Creating Successful Digital Experiences: Effective Integration of Social, Mobile and Other Technologies With Digital Signage
- Substantiating Expansion: Making the Case for Additional Investment in Digital Signage Based on ROI/ROO
- The Data Conundrum: What Data to Collect, How to Collect It and Most Importantly How to Use It
- Strategies for Developing Content That Works Across Platforms: Delve into the Why and How of Developing Cross-platform Content
Then there’s a 1 PM on How to Connect People to Place Through Digital Engagement, moderated by Bryan Meszaros of OpenEye
- Vijay Matthews, Principal, W&Co.
- Michael Schneider, AV Technical Strategist, ESI Design
- Florian Vollmer, Chief Experience Officer, InReality
2PM-3PM – More Exhibits time
3PM-4PM – More Breakouts, led by sponsor people:
Discussion Groups (choice of one)
- Defining the Interactive Opportunity Within Your Venue: Define the Opportunity and Discover What Steps Need to be Taken to Ensure the Deployment of a Successful Interactive Experience
- Reducing Total Cost of Operations: Practical Insights and Techniques to Improve Cost Management of Your Digital Signage/Digital Out-of-Home (DOOH) Network
- Creating Captivating Content: Share Experiences Related to the Sourcing, Creation and Use of Content that Matters
- Digital Signage & DOOH Network Lessons Learned: Discuss Mistakes to be Avoided as well as Key Changes, Decisions or Improvements that Help Improve an Initial Installation
4PM-5PM – Drinks, glorious drinks!
The event is at TKP New York Conference Center, on W. 39th. Tickets are $285 now, going up $100 after Sept. 15th.
The event is among several tied together under the idea of Digital Signage Week in New York.
It’s an interesting take on things. It seems a bit like a reset on the DSE weekend getaway forums that the trade show was doing at resorts, but focused on a single day and more efficient and effective than the speed dating thing that was at the heart of it.
It’s own thing, and VERY different than what I am up to with DSrupted. That’s a month earlier, in Toronto, and the only sponsor-driven thing is a totally optional walk-around through the Telus Innovation Centre, which is down the hall from where DSrupted will be running on Sept. 17th.