Intermediate Web Application Developer
June 1, 2008 by Dave Haynes
Adcentricity is a media planning and sales company in the digital signage industry. Our competitive edge is the technology we’ve developed to target advertising in the US and Canada by demographic and by micro-geography (right down to the postal code and zipcode level). We are a well-funded, year-old company, and we’re growing.
In this role, you’ll join a small but ridiculously productive team of developers who are passionate about programming. We go the “extra mile” because we get a huge kick out of building software that delights users. You will be working directly with people at all levels of the company to spec, design and code the core tools that power us.
You’ll love working with us because you:
- pride yourself on a natural curiosity about new technologies.
- enjoy applying your creativity and tenacity to tough challenges and unanswered questions.
- have a track record of “getting things done” and a willingness to make pragmatic compromises in the name of progress.
- feel that pushing yourself outside your comfort zone is the only way to learn new things.
- exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit and think on your feet.
- value a “small company” atmosphere where no one stands on ceremony or title, and everyone pitches in to help when a job needs to get done.
- possess the initiative and ability to work independently with minimal direction.
As a knowledgeable technologist, you:
- have 3 to 5 years’ experience building web-based applications.
- evangelize dynamic, introspective languages and understand the history behind phrases like “no more XML sit-ups”. We use Python/Django extensively, but production-grade experience in Ruby/Rails or similar environments will stand you in good stead.
- have experience with object-oriented design and refactoring.
- can wrangle a SQL statement and optimize a query, while still understanding the benefits of a good ORM layer.
- have used SVN or CVS in a multi-developer setting.
- are comfortable using linux (installing/compiling software with a build script, navigating the file system, performing minor system tasks).
- get bonus points for experience with Adobe Photoshop, GIS, the Prototype JS library.
This position is located at Adcentricity’s head office in downtown Toronto.
How to apply
If you’d like to join us, please send a copy of your resume to [email protected].