Aussie athletic wear retailer Rebel opened a new concept “Accelerate Store” in November 2015 that puts a heavy emphasis on digital and interactive.
Rebel’s new 1,100 sq. metre flagship store includes:
- A 3×3 video wall displaying iconic images of the local area accompanied with audio up the escalators;
- An interactive 5x3m LED screen that uses Kinect for passive interactivity (when consumers walk by the content reacts and follows them. Similarly, sound moves across the video wall following the consumer, jumping from one speaker to the next);
- In-store, consumers can use an ‘Endless Aisle’ Digital Catalogue, providing access to information and ordering of over 150 bulky products which are no longer stocked in-store. Consumers can build their own list, print it out and bring it to the counter to complete the transaction;
- An interactive ‘Catch Zone’ across a 3m high video wall, engages consumers with in-store sports games;
- Video walls are scattered around the store, running brand content for the likes of Nike, Under Armour and Adidas;
The concept store in suburban Sydney is the start of a nationwide rollout.