NEC Display Solutions has added a set of commercial LED-backlit displays aimed at entry-level digital signage jobs, with a USB port that will take a thumb drive and run media files off it.
The MultiSync E Series displays come in 32, 42, 50, 58 and 65-inch formats, and all have that built-in USB media player that supports audio, video as well as still images.There’s also a built-in analog/digital TV tuner.
Says a news release:
“The new E Series displays give users an easy way to get digital signage up and running quickly,” said Keith Yanke, Senior Director of Product Marketing at NEC Display. “With the growing appeal of video, these dynamic digital signage displays give users more creative options for content. Small businesses and other organizations now have a prime opportunity to use digital signage to advance their business and branding goals. NEC’s commitment to helping businesses realize the benefits of digital signage is unparalleled.”
Other Key Benefits:
- Investment protection through 3-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight
- Integrated 24-hour On/Off scheduler function
- CEC control through the HDMI interface
- Reduced environmental impact as a result of the elimination of hazardous materials and reduced power consumption due to LED backlight technology
- Sleek design with slim bezels and built-in audio
- Multiple connectivity options, including HDMI x3, VGA and RCA Composite/Component
Minimum advertised prices range from $439 to $2,199.
I believe NEC has had panels with USB and TV tuners in the past, but not anything that would do more than run a set of JPG images. The other big display guys have had USB players for a while and have long straddled the line between commercial and consumer displays.