The first name badges get handed out and the first drinks poured for the 6th annual Preset Group Mixer – the now traditional social opener to Digital Signage Expo in Las Vegas.
This will undoubtedly be the largest, and we should be seeing at least 350 people tonight. That’s roughly 10 percent of the crowd attending the trade show.
Here’s a few things to know:
- It is sold out. Has been for a long time. But I am getting emails like crazy asking if they can be squeezed in, and I have accommodated where I can, particularly to help out sponsors. But the venue has fire codes, so we can’t just say come one, come all.
- It is at the Hard Rock Cafe on the strip, NOT the hotel off the strip. It is down by the MGM Grand.
- It starts at 5:30 and runs formally to 8:30, but the cash bar will be open another hour.
- There will be SOME food, but just nibblies to tide you over until you go for dinner. You can eat at the Hard Rock Cafe, and the Mixer badge will get you a discount.
- The hashtag for the event is #PresetMixer
The event happens specifically because of our great, loyal sponsors. They include:
Capital Networks (booth 1828) – one of the oldest and most respected signage software platforms out there;
NEC Display Solutions (booth 2213) – the pure-play commercial display panels and projectors company;
Milestone – the Pro AV supplier whose brands include Chief for mounts (booth 2817) and Da-lite for projector screens;
Diversified Media Group, one of the largest and best deployment and management companies in the business;
Freshwater Digital Media Partners (booth C3), a creative agency that also works on the strategy and network management side of the business, and has a software platform called Wave;
SYNNEX (booth 3232), the giant distribution and services company that works with MANY of the hardware brands that have booths at DSE
Digital Signage Expo – the show itself has helped sponsor the event, even when it has its own VIP party on the same evening (which I think is cool).
The title sponsor for the event, as always, is The Preset Group. Pat Hellberg and I, and some business friends when we need them, to high-level strategy consulting for both end-users and vendors. We help end-users figure out their content and presentation strategy, as well as processes and operating models. We have worked with everyone from giant banks and retailers to start-ups. We help vendors sort out their go to market plans, their marketing, and their products and services. Because we know so many people in this industry, we can really accelerate plans.
We have a pile of current and recent clients in for the show.
The event tonight starts at 5:30. Pat and I will be there, and I will be lucky to get inside the venue itself. I tend to get swarmed at reception.
Please say Hi, but when you have to remind me who you are, even though I’ve known you for years, it’s not personal and I’m not losing my mind. It’s just me getting a little overrun by everything.
If you are on a plane today, safe travels. I have been out west for a week and I have seen nothing but blue skies and days in the 70s or 80s. If you live in parts of the world where winter is still on, you are going to kiss the sidewalk when you get out of McCarran.